Saturday, October 18, 2014

Confession of a Shop-a-holic (Mail Call #4)

My name is Kelsey, and I am a shop-a-holic.

I've done it again. I went a little overboard with shopping (I don't work over-time for nothing, right?) But, I have to say, I have almost all my Christmas shopping done as well! So that should count as a positive? 

Shopping for craft stuff is an addiction, I admit it. I love it, but I use everything I buy so that's not considered hoarding, in my books... Maybe? Yeah I know it's getting a bit much... I guess I shouldn't mention that I have an order planned for Oozak, a list for Be Creative, and a Doctor Who and craft supply Christmas wish list. Oh... there is also an order coming in from Ellen Hutson. And, I can't forget the large order from the "shop that didn't hop" event with Scrapbooking Made Simple. With a smaller order that will be shipping out later from the same sale. 

This is all on top of my unrelated Christmas shopping from ThinkGeek, for spoilers though I can't say what I'm getting there except the Death Star as a tag for our dog.

This post I held back just a bit so I can post these all together. There are some items from Be Creative, my monthly stamp/dies from Stamps of Life, then my order from Simon Says Stamp that came in the other day. 

I made another trip to Be Creative, but this time I made sure to restrain myself; knew exactly what I wanted. This trip was for a large bottle of embossing powder. Yet I ended up with 2 new Wink of Stella's, a die cut, a Signo white pen since the last one I bought (American Craft) doesn't seem to write well, and 2 embossing powders - Large bottle of ultra thick clear (UTEE) that I went in for, and a small bottle of normal clear powder. 




Super excited for this, On to the mail!  

Stamps of Life. Stephanie Barnard creates some of the cutest stamps and dies. This month's club set is snowman2build, which also came with another storage sheet. Every few sets they send a free storage sheet for the stamps, and you can buy extra storage sheets from their site as well.





Now for the big stuff... it doesn't look like much but it really is. My Simon Says Stamp order from Stamptember. It's so awesome that they send a discount code along as a thank you!



I got 2 more clear Wink of Stella pens - they are sometimes hard to get in stock. I've been using them so much I wanted to have back up ready to go. 

The Simon exclusives were fantastic! Leaves and Scribbles stamp & die set will make some amazing backgrounds with soft inks and bold masculine cards. So much layering happiness to create!! 



Then there is my super useful banner die set from We R Memory Keepers.


I got a whole bundle of sentiments too! Literally, it came as a bundle. There is no such thing as too many sentiments. 

  • Holiday Greetings 
  • Peace on Earth 
  • Essential Greetings 
  • Many Thanks 




Another exclusive was in conjunction with Clearly Besotted, whom I love. This is one of the cutest Santa and penguins I have seen. They will be amazing filled in with some water colour. 




Lastly, I finally got my first LawnFawn set!! Deck The Halls.
This is another one that is going to make some amazing backgrounds and focal points. Plus another thing... I can't say until it's created... spoilers!!