Thursday, June 4, 2015

Cards, Cards, Cards and more Cards!

The past month has brought a lot of news, some good and some not so great. Two dear friends of mine had a family member pass away recently. A few days after I got the card in the mail I found out my grandma's dad passed away.

For some good news, I just got back from visiting a friend and my grandparents at the end of May. I have made a Thank You card for each of them that I will show you. I had also made 2 Mothers Day cards - one from me, and one from my brothers (those boys never remember cards...)
Lastly, I know I've been slow on the blog posts, I've been moving things around so dad and I could paint my bedroom and my office/craft room. Very excited for to finally getting rid of the pink-ish coloured walls! Dad changed his mind a little bit and decided that while I was off visiting and vacationing he would finish painting!! 


Dads are just the best! 

On that note, I need to finish up some other cards - mom and dad have birthdays next week, father's day coming up, and my baby brother (who is over 6 feet tall, and towers over me...) graduates tomorrow so I have a cards made for him too. This has been a much easier task this year since I've been following along in the 2nd round of Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. More on that in the next post! 



Products used:
Simon Says Stamp Fog ink through a Prima stencil
Simon Says Stamp Smoke ink for the sentiment from Stamps of Life - sign4words
The image was heat embossed with Ranger white detail powder and coloured with Peerless water colours

The next card I used the same stamp (sorry I don't know what set/company this was from) water coloured the back ground, stamped in archival ink, then coloured and shaded with Prisma pencils



Here's the final product:




Here are the 2 Mothers Day cards - Photo credit to my mom :)
Products used:
Studio G stamp
Dee's Distinctively Dies
Clearly Besotted stamps


Lastly here are the thank you cards
Products Used:
Peerless watercolor
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing Powder
Spellbinders Dies
Simon Says Stamp Falling Star background stencil
Translucent Dreamweavers Embossing paste
Silver Glitter Ritz glitter
Thank you stamps from Simon Says Stamp
Dylusions Ink Spray - White Linen