Tuesday, June 9, 2015

#thedailymarker30day2 - week one

I've been following along on and participating via Instagram with  #thedailymarker30day2   - full details on Kathy's blog

 June brings a lot of activities to our lives, so this has been an awesome way to de-stress and relax. Not to mention get some cards made. Sorry there's some spoilers in here... sorry mom!

I wanted to share my work space pre-colouring and some cards I made last week.  A lot of my supplies I bought locally at Be Creative or CherryLane but I will link to another source for you :)
I love supporting local shops, and probably mentioned this before - I love that In The Making (know for Glitter Ritz micro-fine glitter and Dee's distinctively Dies) are made in my town




Most of the tools ready do go!
Pink box with most of my Stamps of Life, some Hero Arts and Deep Red StampsCopics, Prismacolor, Gamsol, Peerless Watercolour



Day 1: Playing with Stamps of Life set i got as a gift for being part of the Die Hard club for 1 year and some blending with Gamsol and my Prisma pencils

Day 2: Roses from Deep Red stamps, done with Peerless watercolors - later in the week I made this into a Birthday card for my mom using Sizzix oval dies, We R Memory Keepers small dot embossing folder, and Happy Birthday Dies from Dee's Distinctively


Day 3: More Deep Red stamps, this time the Brown Rabbit of Hearts with Prisma pencils and playing with Peerless water colour and Stampendous train post card stamp. More colour block style rather than detailed - gotta try new things!

Day 4: This was playing the the Rose stamp again and copics this time, and made 2 cards for my brothers graduation


Day 5: Was quite the day... Finally a day off work, and spent the day with family at my baby brother high school graduation. I came home and start a card for dads birthday with a stamps of life set and copics... and here's the finished card from a day or two later.

 Day 6: Today was a relax and try something new... freehand water colour. Something I haven't done since I was like 13. I think i was better hen than now, haha. I tried a loose interpretation of this little dude I found on my door. the point is to relax and have fun. which I did.


Day 7: Happy Birthday Dad!! After work i went to parents place again and we had a birthday dinner and some home made cake. yum!!  This was background day. I used some pictures of sunset have taken the past few weeks and used them as inspiration for backgrounds. Now all I need to do is stamp/colour on top to complete them - yes I keep my paint brushes in an old McCafe cup lol