Tuesday, June 23, 2015

#thedailymarker30day2 - week three

This week wasn't exactly eventful. I had to work the late/closing shift and the weekend.

Day 15: Another day at the grind stone. I did a simple little piggy and a white rabbit in blue.

Day 16: Today I worked on some of my jewellery projects, I finished a pair of earring for a friend of my boss' then packaged it with the Sizzix pillow box die cut. Som cotton balls to protect the goods... perfection! One of the best dies I have bought. I  made sure I got some colouring in too!! but I kept it simple and played with some Dylusions sprays for backgrounds


Day 17:  Was totally stumped for an idea for father's day card. I was browsing Pintrest before work and found this site: girllikethesea.org so i printed an outline version on card stock, used my prisma pencil and gamsol. then I went in and glossy accented the eyes. 

Day 18: woohoo for a day off work! I finished the remaining Angel earrings/pendants I was working on, some house work and a lot of Orange is the new Black. So again simple colouring with a blue/grey copic whale, didn't quite blend the way i hopped - i think i need better paper. I did have a happy accident along the way and discovered the my Copic colourless blender works like gamsol! 


Day 19: OK! a bit of crazy today.Finished cleaning and up met my boss for lunch and to give her the earrings I made. She brought me home, saw my new place, then worked a full shift while blasting my tunes. so all in all it was a decent day.  My little whale gave me some inspiration, so today I made water inspired backgrounds. - Distress, Dylusions and peerless all water coloured. 

Day 20:  wow, Day 20 already, this month is going so fast. Before work I stamped out a bunch of whales, and water coloured them on my lunch break. I love working from home! I did shades of brown/grey and blue/grey as well as 2 shades of grey. I was hit with an idea of... what makes an adorable what even more adorable... googley eyes! 




Day 21: Happy Fathers Day!   today was a bit of a bomb. wasn't a good work day - huzzah! for technical errors all day.  Then I headed out with my Darth Vader card to mom and dad's place for dinner. Got dad one of those HUGE Lindt bars for Father's Day then came home and went a bit out of my comfort zone with prisma colours and I think it turned out decent.