Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy new year!!

I hope everyone had a great Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a great new year’s eve. I thought it's time I shared what I have been up to over the last month. Sorry it's a bit after the season, but things are always crazy with family and work around this time of year. 

I'm a fan of CAS cards. Clean and Simple. Less is sometimes more, and I think that's totally the case on these cards. Each card is a little different. Using the Deck The Halls stamps from LawnFawn. One had a little mishap and I fixed it by die cutting and popping it up. These cards ended up as a set for a friend of mine. 
  



While these ones I kept really simple, I've also made some single layer cards that I'm also in love with. All of these have been sent out as my Christmas card this year.

Most of these use Art Impression stamps sets Holly JollySanta Spinner + dies and  these two:
Image from AI blog

These were colors with Peerless water colors or Prisma pencils. The third card has Distress inks, and Dreamweaver embossing paste. Some were topped with glossy accents and/or wink of stella. oh! and there is a cute little tag I made for a gift bag.









For Christmas my grandma got me the laser printer I’ve been wanting and mom got me the MINC machine! I’m so excited about these I’ve already started playing around and started a thank you card, well a few designs...




This card I put together on a whim to use up some scraps of wrapping paper. Yes, the shiny background is wrapping paper, it was to pretty to throw out so I used the Simon Say Stamp full card triangles background die and made this simple card. 



Lastly, this is one of my favorite cards I've made this season - the other was in my last post. I used the AI spinner die in a different way, made him spin in a different way. Instead of spinning front/back I only used the front and Santa spins around in a circle! The card was around 6 x 6 so I used a bubble padded envelope which fit the card and some candies. I sent this card to my best friend and her husband along with some of their favorite chocolate bars. 

Supplies: 
This card was more work than most cards I make, but was totally worth the planning and effort.

  • I started by stamping and painting in then die cutting the Santa image, and die cut my greeting

  • Then cut down a fun foam piece slightly smaller than 5.5 x 5.5 and use Be Creative tape to attach the foam to the matted piece

  • With a small circle die I cut a hole in the 5.5 x 5.5 matted piece where I wanted the Santa to be positioned, to make sure there was nothing to block the spinning - the die went through paper and foam with no problem

  • I used a foam dot with the backing still attached, and stuck a brad through the foam, stick side up so waxy backing had the prongs sticking out

  • After than I added some multi medium to the top of the brad, make sure the Santa was secured - I let this dry a few hours before proceeding to the next step

  • With the Be Creative tape I centered and secured the 5.5 x 5.5 to the 6 x 6 paper

  • Then inserted the Santa/braded foam dot in the middle of the die cut hole, and through the paper then spread the prongs

  • Now for some test spins!
  • Once everything is spinning, time for the sentiment that I glued down with more multi medium